[gmx-users] Merging of two trajectories

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 15:34:00 CEST 2012

Justin

thanks for advise

I've used the bellow command for both trajectory

trjcat -f md_noPBC.xtc md_noPBC_GO.xtc -tu ps -o merged_noPBC.xtc

but resulted  merged_noPBC.xtc consist of data from only second
trajectory although in the log file both trajectories have been
processed

          File             Current start (ps)  New start (ps)
             md_noPBC.xtc        0.000 ps          0
          md_noPBC_GO.xtc        0.000 ps          0

Summary of files and start times used:

          File                Start time       Time step
             md_noPBC.xtc        0.000 ps        7.000 ps
          md_noPBC_GO.xtc        0.000 ps        7.000 ps WARNING:
same Start time as previous

Back Off! I just backed up merged_noPBC.xtc to ./#merged_noPBC.xtc.5#
Reading frame       0 time    0.000
Reading frame    3000 time 21000.000
Reading frame       0 time    0.000

Continue writing frames from md_noPBC_GO.xtc t=0 ps, frame=0
Reading frame   10000 time 70000.000    ->  frame  10000 time 70000.000 ps

Last frame written was 10008, time 70056.000000 ps

Why this occurs ?

By the way if I'm using -cat option resulted file consist of both
trajectories ( in the separate enties).

James