[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 99, Issue 79

radhika jaswal jaswalradhika at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jul 21 07:44:03 CEST 2012

--- On Fri, 20/7/12, gmx-users-request at gromacs.org <gmx-users-request at gromacs.org> wrote:

> [...]
> -cpt
>    real   15
>   Checkpoint interval (minutes)
> -[no]cpnum   bool   no
>     Keep and number checkpoint files
> -[no]append  bool   yes
>    Append to previous output files when
> continuing
>
>             from checkpoint
> instead of adding the simulation
>
>             part number to all
> file names
> -maxh
> real   -1      Terminate after
> 0.99 times this time (hours)
> -multi       int
> 0       Do multiple simulations in
> parallel
> -replex      int    0
>    Attempt replica exchange every # steps
> -reseed      int    -1
>   Seed for replica exchange, -1 is generate a seed
> -[no]ionize  bool   no
>   Do a simulation including the effect of an X-Ray
>
>             bombardment on
> your system
>

> Back Off! I just backed up nmab2_md_water_em.log to
> ./#nmab2_md_water_em.log.15#
> Getting Loaded...
> Reading file nmab2_md_water_em.tpr, VERSION 4.5.4 (single
> precision)
> Starting 8 threads
> Loaded with Money

> Program mdrun, VERSION 4.5.4
> Source code file: domdec.c, line: 6436
>
> Fatal error:
> There is no domain decomposition for 8 nodes that is
> compatible with the given box and a minimum cell size of
> 1.69222 nm
> Change the number of nodes or mdrun option -rcon or your
> LINCS settings
> Look in the log file for details on the domain
> decomposition
> For more information and tips for troubleshooting, please
> check the GROMACS
>
> "Good Music Saves your Soul" (Lemmy)
>

> Thanks for all suggestions in advance.
>
> Radhika
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:06:37 -0400
> From: Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu>
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Please help with all-angles
> constraint ption
> To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
>

> On 7/20/12 6:46 AM, radhika jaswal wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I did NVT simulations of a number of molecules with
> double bond. But when i analysed the results i realised that
> double bond has been converted to single bond and sp2
> hybridisation has also changed to sp3. I was doing with all
> bonds constraint option. But when i started with all angles
> constraint option it kept on processing on version 3.3.1
> and  with many fatal errors on version 4.5.4.
>
> Bonds do not break and form in classical MD, and
> hybridization cannot change.
> If you are observing distortions in the structure, then
> likely your topology is
> ill-suited to address the atoms involved.  Correct use

Dear Sir,
I am using the ffG43a1 force field. Mine is an unusual unusual peptide and got the necessary files from prodrg server.
and also pasting the top file. Please tell where , m making the mistake.

 The Force Fields to be included
#include "ffG43a1.itp"

; Include nmab2 topology
#include "nmab2.itp"

; Include water topology
#include "spc.itp"

; Include position restraint file
#ifdef POSRES
#include "posre.itp"
#endif

#ifdef POSRE_WATER
; Position Restraint for each water oxygen
[ position_restraints ]
; i funct        fcx          fcy        fcz
  1   1         1000         1000       1000
#endif

[ system ]
; Name
DRG in water