[gmx-users] Re: Error in Membrane simulations with POPC bilayer

J Peterson think_beyond at aol.com
Mon Jul 23 11:31:32 CEST 2012

Hi Justin,

Thanks for all your help to get me through membrane simulations.

I've a problem to be solved. I need a long and thick membrane to simulate a
big protein. The longest bilayer that I can download from Tieleman's website
is 64 molecules long.

How can I make (double or triple the bilayer) a long and thick bilayer to
accommodate a large protein?

Are there any experimental evidence about the thickness of the membrane that
should be followed before expanding the membrane?

Thanks,

Peterson J