[gmx-users] distance_restraints with flexible angle

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:38:33 CEST 2012

Exactly so. But in the ffbonded.itp file there are two columns,
equilibrium bond length and Kb . So evenif I give zero then it won't
affect the bond .
Thanks a lot for the reply, it's working fine now .
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 7/23/12 8:31 AM, tarak karmakar wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>> But then what should I give as Kb [ bond stretching constant ] in the
>> ffbonded.itp file ? should I give 00.000 there or something else ???
>>

> Constraints make bonds rigid.  The force constant is irrelevant.
>
> -Justin

>>> Use constraints for the bonds, not distance restraints.
>>>
>>> -Justin

>>> --
>>>
>>> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
>>> Research Scientist
>>> Department of Biochemistry
>>> Virginia Tech
>>> Blacksburg, VA
>>> jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080
>>> http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin

>>> * Only plain text messages are allowed!
>>> * Please search the archive at
>>> http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!
>>> * Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
>>> interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.

> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
> Research Scientist
> Department of Biochemistry
> Virginia Tech
> Blacksburg, VA
> jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080

> * Only plain text messages are allowed!
> * Please search the archive at

Tarak Karmakar
Molecular Simulation Lab.
Chemistry and Physics of Materials Unit
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Jakkur P. O.
Bangalore - 560 064
Karnataka, INDIA
Ph. (lab) : +91-80-22082809