[gmx-users] adding a new atom type

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 13:58:21 CEST 2012

 Some time ago I defined a new residue and after running grompp I got an error as there are some interactions assigned multiple times. Then I decided to duplicate the atoms involved in that residue to avoid this error.
Next I renamed the atomtypes in atometypes.atp as below:
 ZC    12.01100 ;    carbonyl C, peptide backbone
ZCT1    12.01100 ;    aliphatic sp3 C for CH
ZCT3    12.01100 ;    aliphatic sp3 C for CH3
ZO    15.99900 ;    carbonyl oxygen
ZHC    1.00800 ;    N-ter H
ZNH1    14.00700 ;    peptide nitrogen
ZH    1.00800 ;    polar H
ZHB    1.00800 ;    backbone H
ZHA    1.00800 ;    nonpolar H

Then I wanted to modify the .itp file, got in to the trouble; I couldn't find the C atomtype in nonbonded.itp file. Actually I don't know what to do now!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sincerely,
Shima