[gmx-users] Mopac gomacs installation

Javier Cerezo jcb1 at um.es
Thu Jul 26 09:48:52 CEST 2012

Did you try --disable-shared? In recent versions of GROMACS shared
libraries are the default but libmopac.a is static. I would expect a
compilation error regarding this issue; does it come up when doing make?

You can also add --disable-threads as you cannot use parallelization in
GROMACS with QM/MM.

I also had some troubles some time ago with GROMACS-MOPAC compilation.
Finally, I succeed to install libmopac.a  myself with gfortran and it
worked in my computer
(http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2011-November/066133.html)

Javier

--