[gmx-users] Re: Error in Membrane simulations with POPC bilayer

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jul 27 17:21:45 CEST 2012

On 7/27/12 8:50 AM, J Peterson wrote:
> Hi Justin, Thanks for that information.
>
> I also would like to confirm with you that should I combine my metal ion too
> while I combine Protein and POPC into Protein_POPC group to be used in COMM
> removal? So that I will have a group Protein_HEM_POPC.

With layered systems, the COM removal groups are best set to whatever makes
physical sense - whatever is an integral part of a layer is a viable group.  So
I would think that any prosthetic group or ligand bound within a protein is a
valid member of that layer.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080