[gmx-users] DPOSRE not restraining

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jul 28 22:46:49 CEST 2012

On 7/28/12 1:49 PM, tarak karmakar wrote:
> Dear All ,
>
>      I wanted to keep all the molecules other than water fixed [
> positiion restraints]. So for that I have performed short NVT
> [simulation with DEPOSRE] after minimization, but while seeing the
> movie of the trajectory in VMD I see the protein backbone is moving.
>      So did I miss something prior to the simulation. The nvt.mdp file
> is given below

Well -DEPOSRE is going to act differently than -DPOSRES.  Check what your
topology expects.  For a .top written by pdb2gmx, -DPOSRES is correct based on
the default #include statement.  Check carefully for typos or any incorrect
modifications you have made for the topology.

-Justin

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080