[gmx-users] Diagnosing + system blowing up

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 30 11:21:42 CEST 2012

On 30/07/2012 7:11 PM, Shima Arasteh wrote:
> In CHARMM36 folder, there is a atomtypes.atp that I chose the atomtypes of formyl group ( as you see earlier)

No, I saw atom types chosen that included wrong things like CT1. If
you're happy that you're using atom types that belong in formyl, then go
and do the rest of the investigative procedure I suggested for the
bonds/angles/dihedrals. I'm not going to write it again!

>   . If I don't use these, so what atom types?!
> I sent an email to Prof.Roux the author of this article http://www.pnas.org/content/101/1/117.abstract . He suggested me to use the parameters of formamide the charmm36.rtf file .
> RESI FORM          0.00 ! CH3NO formamide, adm jr.
> GROUP
> ATOM HA   HGR52    0.08 !
> ATOM C    CG2O1    0.42 !  O     Hc
> ATOM N    NG2S2   -0.69 !  \\   /
> ATOM HC   HGP1     0.35 !   C--N
> ATOM HT   HGP1     0.35 !  /    \
> ATOM O    OG2D1   -0.51 ! HA     Ht
>
> I found something similar to what I used here for my defined formyl group.Would this be useful?

Potentially a good start, but you will have to decide how to deal with
the charge distribution, because you need to replace Ht with the rest of
valine and end up with a neutral charge distribution that makes sense.
One approach is to define a residue (based on those atom types and
charges) with just formyl, since the above fragment has HC(O)- that is
almost neutral. You can then proceed with using normal valine after that.

Mark