[gmx-users] Berger lipid

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 29 02:28:58 CEST 2012

On 6/28/12 8:23 PM, Shima Arasteh wrote:
> Thanks.
> Yes, you told me this before CHARMM36 is better than CHARMM27. But I'm afraid of using  C36. Because I think it's a newer FF and and less studies have done by it. Then if I face a problem, I can't find a way through articles!
>
> Don't you think so?

CHARMM36 was developed by the core CHARMM developers and I have no reason to
doubt it.  If there was ever a group to develop good CHARMM parameters, it's them :)

Simply being "newer" is not a reason to doubt it.  Have you read the paper where
the parameters were derived?  The reproduction of experimental observables is
quite good.  Ultimately, the choice is yours, but be ready to justify that
choice to a skeptical audience (reviewers).

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080