[gmx-users] Berger lipid

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 29 02:46:12 CEST 2012

On 6/28/12 8:43 PM, Shima Arasteh wrote:

> Yes, I have studied the article by Jeffery B. Klauda and other articles related to C36. And know where the parameters of CHARMM36 were derived.
>
> By the way, when I search the lipidbook to find the .itp file I can't find it! What about the lipid .itp ? Is it required yet? ( in your tutorial it's written "lipid.itp - Berger lipid parameters" )

You do not need the so-called "lipid.itp" as it is for a completely different
force field.  The "Berger lipids" are a united-atom parameter set derived in
1997 from a hybrid of OPLS and Gromos parameters.  They are typically combined
with Gromos force fields.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080