[gmx-users] Berger lipid

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jun 30 16:45:38 CEST 2012

On 6/30/12 10:33 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:
> Dear Peter, Thanks for your link and the article. I'd like to know more about
> your paper. You've mentioned in it that the temperature of POPC equilibrated,
> is 310 K. As I saw in Justin's tutorial , 323 K is proper, however it was a

I'll let Peter address the question directed to him, but I want to refute
something stated here.  One should not say that for membrane simulations "323 K
is proper."  I explain in the tutorial why this particular temperature is used
in the context of DPPC only.  I also provide a table of phase transition
temperatures for several lipids to explain the reason why the elevated
temperature was required in this case.

-Justin

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080