[gmx-users] g_select problem (Invalid command line argument:)

leila karami karami.leila1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:47:31 CET 2012

Dear Justin

Thanks for your reply.

As you said " You need to enclose your selection string within ' ' so it is
interpreted as a single string." , I enclosed my selection string:

g_select -f com_ta_full_3.xtc -s com_ta_full.tpr -n index.ndx -oi -select
"Close to Protein" 'resname' 'SOL' and within 0.25 of group 'Protein'

But, unfortunately, Program g_select, VERSION 4.5.1
Source code file: statutil.c, line: 819

Invalid command line argument:
SOL

If I'm wrong in using selection string above, please correct it.

Best regards.