[gmx-users] Generation of the Distance Restraints

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Mar 13 14:50:19 CET 2012

On 14/03/2012 12:38 AM, James Starlight wrote:
> Justin,
>
> 1) I've already tried to examine this graphs but have not understood
> the meaning of the Ro value.

How about reading the equation on the previous page?

> E.g I have known distance restrains for the pair of residue wich are
> 1<r< 2  for instance. As I understood the R1=1 and R2=2 but what about
> R0 ?As I've understood  this value might be slightly less than R1 (
> e.g 0.9). Does this correct and how I could specify R0 more accuracy?

Anything else you've known and understood about distance restraints in
some unknown context doesn't matter. What's written in the GROMACS
manual matters for using them in GROMACS :-)

> 2) Besides I want to know if there are possible way to gradyally
> decrease force constants during MD run? E.g I want to dicrease this
> value each 100ps on the desired value. Is there any way to defind this
> step value in the MDP file or should I re-run mu simulation X times
> started from the previous short run with bigger forses applied?

I already answered this.
http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2012-March/069301.html

Mark