[gmx-users] FW: Problem installing Gromacs: What next?

Suhaila Haji Mohd Hussin bell_beauty12 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 19:03:51 CET 2012

OK. I downloaded Gromacs 4.5.5. Unpacked it then type

./configure

configure: error: Cannot find fftw3f library

But I already install fftw3 properly.

What is happening?

Cheers,
Suhaila.

From: bell_beauty12 at hotmail.com
To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
Subject: Problem installing Gromacs: What next?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 05:53:20 +1200

Hello.

I already installed fftw3. After unpacking it, I install via the following:

./configure
     make
     make install
But after that the instructions are not clear to me. Like, it's not telling where do I download Gromacs tar?
Or do I need to type some command from fftw so that Gromacs should automatically built?

I'm so confused. The instructions for beginners are very vague & frustrating.

Please help,
Suhaila.