[gmx-users] g_msd with input by trjconv -pbc nojump:a concern

Dommert Florian dommert at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Mar 19 15:05:43 CET 2012

Hi,

perhaps this problem is related to bug 774:

http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/774

which has been discussed quite often, recently. Somehow there is a
problem in the order of removing the PBC and jumps. As already
mentioned, I could solve the problem by providing a trajectory with
whole molecules to g_msd. An indexfile with seperate groups for every
molecule has to be created and finally every single molecule group has
to be analyzed, but WITHOUT the -mol flag. Afterwards the resulting MSDs
only need to be averaged.

/Flo

--
Florian Dommert