[gmx-users] Gromacs Parrallal run

Dharmendra Verma dkverma.vit at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:05:31 CEST 2012

*
Hello gmx-users i am an undergraduate student here at VIT University
Vellore,INDIA, I m trying to run mdrun on a cluster using openmpi, so for
that i have used Ubuntu 11.04 server edition , and made a cluster of *one
master and two slaves machine*, and configured the ssh between master and
slave so now i can ssh in to slave from master without password (one way),
then i had installed *openmpi-bin, openmpi-doc, openmpi-dev and
gromacs-openmpi (VERSION - 4.5.4*)on all three( 1M & 2S) machines. For
making cluster i followed this tutorial -

http://randomusefulnotes.blogspot.in/2010/12/setting-up-mpi-cluster-on-ubuntu.html

After setting up that cluster i had transfered my input file to all 3
computers in their home directories.
Each pc configuration-
3 GB ram and Intel core2duo 2.9 GHz processor

hostfile-{2 slave ips}
192.168.42.130
192.168.42.131

Now problem start, My aim is to combine all power and decrease the run
time.I had tested following 3 commands on master computer.

1- mdrun_mpi --hostfile hostfile -np 4 -s input.tpr
         This command starts mdrun on all the nodes and they are generating
same output file in their home directories. so no use.

2- mpirun --hostfile hostfile -np 4 mdrun_mpi -s input.tpr
                        This command does nothing just shows the hostname
of 2 slave computers and remain silent.

3- mpirun -np 4 mdrun_mpi --hostfile hostfile -s input.tpr
                         This command runs mdrun only on master computer, i
doesn't even detect other nodes.

Please someone help me, what mistake i am doing???
Please suggest.
Sorry for posting this problem twice.
--
Dharmendra Kumar Verma