[gmx-users] File editing - only one layer of water around a molecule

Lara Bunte lara.bunte at yahoo.de
Tue May 1 22:12:20 CEST 2012

Hi Justin

Thanks, that makes sense. I have the group "Close to ISO" that contains the water molecules in my specified region and I have the group ISO and therefore the next step is to unite this two groups.

If I typed

make_ndx -f molecule.pdb -n index.ndx -o index_new.ndx

the make_ndx program shows only one group, the "Close to ISO" with number 0 and no other groups, so how to merge them?

I typed l for "list residues" and than there was ISO and SOL.

Now if I am at this place, how to tell GROMACS, that ISO is a group also, that I can merge it with "Close to ISO"?

Greetings
Lara