[gmx-users] Lamb-Protein

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu May 3 17:45:42 CEST 2012

On 5/3/12 11:04 AM, francesco oteri wrote:
> Hi Justin,
> I have
> free-energy              = no
> in my .mdp file, but I still see this value in g_energy.
> It should be absent or always 1 while the values by g_energy are close to 1 but
> still fluctuating along the trajectory.
> So, can you explain me how the value is used by gromacs?

Sorry, what I said before was wrong.  I mistook the energy term.  It's actually
related to temperature coupling and shows up when using Berendsen or V-rescale.
  The actual term is defined in the original 1984 Berendsen coupling paper (eq
10 and 11).

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar