[gmx-users] some hardware questions

Oliver Stueker ostueker at gmail.com
Fri May 4 20:58:03 CEST 2012

Hi all,

This week Nvidia has also announced the GeForce GTX 690 with two
Kepler Chips [1].
That will make a total of 3072 CUDA cores @ 915MHz to 1019MHz and will
perform like two GTX 680s in SLI mode [2], but more energy efficient.

I'd really be interested if parallelization would be a bottleneck for
the Kepler chips compared to the Fermi ones. Has anyone already run
some benchmarks on Kepler?

Best,
Oliver

[1] http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/Releases/NVIDIA-Unveils-GeForce-GTX-690-Dual-Graphics-Card-Combines-World-s-Fastest-Gaming-Performance-With-Sleek-Sexy-Design-7c1.aspx