[gmx-users] Justin-lipid tutorial..

rama david ramadavidgroup at gmail.com
Sat May 5 10:01:15 CEST 2012

Hi Gromacs Friends,
 I am doing the justin-lipid tutorial..Link to the tutorial is ...
http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/index.html

I made the g96_53a6_lipid force field as per the instruction of tutorial..

I have some queris regarding to these new force field

1.  As we added the lipid parameter to the force field and so
    I thought to use these force field to dppc to make topology
    instead of downloading the topol_dppc.top given by justin.

   So my command line was
  pdb2gmx -f dppc128.gro -p kkk.top -o kkk.gro -i kkk.itp -ignh

I got the reply

Fatal error:
Something is wrong in the coordinate formatting of file dppc128.gro. Note
that gro is fixed format (see the manual)

I check the gro format .It is  right as per my knowledge  ..

What is the reason for such error???

And can I used that force field to generate the dppc topology instaed of
downloading it from tutorial link..
(As we made the changes in force field to adjust with lipid ....)

Rama david