[gmx-users] How to build 1-4 pairs tables for -tablep in mdrun?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat May 5 15:46:30 CEST 2012

On 5/5/12 9:39 AM, Marcelo Lopez wrote:
> Hi, all, I'm still confused about how to set up 1-4 interaction tables
> for tabulated non-bonding potentials when using the -tablep option in
> mdrun.
> The specific question is:
>
> How must I specify the 1-4 interaction in those tables? How many
> columns and with what?
> My primary goal is to set all the 1-4 interactions equal to zero. I
> have some 1-4 pairs that aren't involved in dihedrals, that means that
> setting up
>
> nrexcl = 3
>
> and
>
> gen-pairs = no
>
> isn't enough
>
> Please, someone help me to understand. If you don't have the time,
> just copy/paste a table.
> Thank you very much.

I'm not sure you even need tables.  Wouldn't the following do what you want?

[ pairs ]
x  y   1   0.0  0.0

Explicitly setting zeroes for C6 and C12 should override anything in [pairtypes]
for a given pair of atoms (replacing x and y with actual numbers), I believe.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee