[gmx-users] Topology parameters

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun May 6 21:02:30 CEST 2012

On 5/6/12 2:36 PM, Shima Arasteh wrote:
> IS the parameters for a residue in CHARMM36 and CHARMM27 the same?

I would suggest you do a bit of reading about the CHARMM force field hierarchy
and why they are named as they are.  If you're parameterizing a new residue you
can do it for either, or both, depending on the parameter set.  In your case,
I'd suspect your formyl parameters are going to be universal between CHARMM27
and CHARMM36, but don't let my suggestion be your justification.  If a reviewer
asks, "some guy on the Internet said it" is not sufficient justification ;)

-Justin

> Thanks in advance,
> Shima

Justin A. Lemkul