[gmx-users] itp file problem

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 7 14:37:27 CEST 2012

On 5/7/12 7:41 AM, Sarath Kumar Baskaran wrote:

> First i had simulation of the protein alone in united atom gromacs force field
> by -ff gmx in pdb2gmx
> now i am unable to run the protein-ligand complex for the same protein with a
> ligand,
>   it says the following error due to itp file generated from PRODRG,
> if i change the force field its says atom mismatch............. Please help me....

PRODRG produces (poor quality) topologies for Gromos96 43A1, not Gromos87 (or
"ffgmx").  One should not use ffgmx for new simulations as it does not perform
as well as newer force fields (and other reasons described in the 4.5 manual.

Using 43A1 will solve this particular problem, but do note that the PRODRG
topology will almost invariably require manual improvements.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ci100335w

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate