[gmx-users] Simulation of POPC in water using CHARMM27

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 18:54:17 CEST 2012

OK, I'll give it a try.
Thank you again! :-)

Cheers,
Shima

________________________________
 From: Anirban <reach.anirban.ghosh at gmail.com>
To: Shima Arasteh <shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com>; Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Simulation of POPC in water using CHARMM27

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Shima Arasteh <shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

CHARMM27 or CHARMM36 doesn't make different for me. I just want to get a good output of simulation.
>Before this, Justin also suggested me for CHARMM36. Ok, I will use CHARMM36. But about the atom types, it's not still clear for me what I need to do. If I use the CHARMM36, am I supposed to build berger lipids?

Actually if you use CHARMM36 FF then no need to use Berger parameters, since CHARMM36 FF already have the all-atom POPC parameters. But there are differences among the atom types. So you can use these POPC files (Peter Lai provided me these files and these were generated for the following work: (please reference):
Lai, P.C. and Crasto, C.J.
Beyond Modeling: All-Atom Olfactory Receptor Model Simulations
Front. Gene.
Volume 3 Year 2012 Number 61
DOI: 10.3389/fgene.2012.00061)

These files worked fine for me (with grompp). Include the popc.itp file in your .top file.

-Anirban

Thanks,