[gmx-users] Fatal error: No atoms found in .rtp file in residue pairs

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 20:21:51 CEST 2012

All right.

Thank you

Sincerely,
Shima

________________________________
 From: Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu>
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:36 PM
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Fatal error: No atoms found in .rtp file in residue pairs

On 5/12/12 2:00 PM, Shima Arasteh wrote:

> The total charge is zero in real but what I got through swissparam is as below:
> [ atoms ]
> ; nr type resnr resid atom cgnr charge mass
> 1 C=O 1 LIG C 1 0.4500 12.0110
> 2 O=C 1 LIG O 2 -0.5700 15.9994
> 3 HCMM 1 LIG H1 3 0.0600 1.0079
> 4 HCMM 1 LIG H2 4 0.0600 1.0079
> So I entered as I showed you.

What you parameterized was formaldehyde, not a formyl adduct group.  I believe I said before to make sure you were deriving parameters appropriately, which it appears you are not.

> In addition how can I add the proton on it? Editing the C to CT1 is right? or I
> have to add any charge here?

I don't understand what you're asking here.

The .rtp entry specifies the necessary atoms.  In your case, for a formyl group, you need 3 atoms - C, H, and O.  I suspect that this addition will change the amino acid residue to which it is attached, in which case you are better off deriving a completely new amino acid residue, or at least verifying that your new addition does not affect the charges of the existing amino acid (unlikely).  I recommended this before; please make sure to heed all available advice before plowing ahead and doing something that doesn't make sense.  It wastes your time and the that of others who are seeking to help you.

> Formyl is connected to valine in the peptide sequence in this .pdb file. Now,
> what about adding this line ?:
> [ dihedrals ]
> O C +N CA

This is incorrect.  The CA atom is part of valine, thus it is the next residue and must also be prefixed with a + sign, as in the case of N.  Using - (minus) indicates the previous residue, + the next, and no sign is the present residue.  The correct line is:

O  C  +N  +CA

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080

Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!