[gmx-users] Fatal error: No atoms found in .rtp file in residue pairs

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 17:43:53 CEST 2012

Again thanks for all your  replies.
As I got through your advices, I found that the atoms contribute in making bonds and angles in a residue , or make dihedrals in a residue ( or with atoms in next ones) plus the charge of a the residue should be defined properly in .rtp files to define the new residue in aminoacid.rtp file of CHARMM36 force field.
So I arranged this lines to define formyl in .rtp file. And I got the topology. But there are some questions for me here:

1. How can I be sure the formyl which I defined is correct? Is getting the topology is enough to be sure of the correct output?

The .rtp file for formyl is as below:
[ For ]
 [ atoms ]
;      name    type     charge   chargegroup
        C       CTL1     0.5700       0
        O       O       -0.5700       0
 [angles ]
  ai    aj    ak
  O     C     +N
 [ bonds ]
     C      O
     C     +N

 [ dihedrals ]
  O     C   +N   +CA

2. There are lots of numbers in .itp file which I got through the swissparam.  But  I think the charge of atoms may be useful in this file and also I can just find the atoms contribute in bonds and angles and.... . Am I right? Or I may get some other useful information which I can get through the files of swissparam?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for disturbing you friends.

Shima