[gmx-users] Two [ dihedrals ] sections in topology

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed May 16 02:35:39 CEST 2012

On 16/05/2012 4:53 AM, Lara Bunte wrote:
> Hi
>
>> Is there some reason to believe you should not have dihedrals?  That doesn't
>> make much physical sense.
> I want and have dihedrals in my topology. I don't want an additional empty dihedrals block in the topology. In my force field I gave impropers.

An empty block of dihedrals doesn't hurt, but you don't have one of
these. A block of dihedrals lacking parameters gets those parameters
looked up from ffbonded.itp. You likely can't have only improper
dihedrals and expect any resemblance to the behaviour of the CHARMM27
forcefield.

It sounds to me like you're trying to do something that might not be
worth attempting, but this thread hasn't revealed your objective.
There's no point moving deckchairs on the Titanic if there's icebergs
all around.

Mark