[gmx-users] DSSP configuration in Gromacs 4.5.5

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed May 16 09:37:23 CEST 2012

On 16/05/2012 5:33 PM, Sathish wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
>          Thank u for reply and the old dssp executable was working fine,
>

> [root at localhost]# dssp
> COPYRIGHT
>   W. Kabsch, C. Sander and MPI-MF, 1983, 1985, 1988, 1994 1995
>   CMBI version by Elmar.Krieger at cmbi.ru.nl
> <mailto:Elmar.Krieger at cmbi.ru.nl> / April 1, 2010
> USAGE
>   dssp [Options] PDB_File DSSP_File -> Read PDB_File and write DSSP_File
>   dssp [Options] -- dssp_file       -> Read from stdin and write DSSP_File
>   dssp -h                           -> Display this help screen
> OPTIONS
>   -na   Disables the calculation of accessible surface.
>   -c    Classic (old) format.
>   -w    Wide 2002 format (for future use,not the current standard).
>   -v    Verbose.
>   --    Read from standard input.
>   -h -? Prints a help message.
>   -V    Prints version, as in first line of the output.
> ADDITIONAL OPTIONS CONTRIBUTED BY DSSP USERS
>   By Emmanuel.Courcelle at toulouse.inra.fr
> <mailto:Emmanuel.Courcelle at toulouse.inra.fr>
>   -ssa  Adds information about disulfide bonds to output file
>   -x    Renames residues with incomplete sidechains to 'X'
>   -alt2 Keeps an additional AltLoc indicator at the line ends
> [root at localhost]#
>

>   and i have checked one again the path of DSSP
>
> [root at localhost sathish]# echo $DSSP
> /usr/local/bin/dssp
> [root at localhost sathish]#
>

> but while running with do_dssp has problem.
>

> [root at localhost sathish]# do_dssp -f xxx.xtc -s xxx.tpr -n index.ndx
> -o ss.xpm
>                               :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:
>
>                                Grunge ROck MAChoS
>
>                   :-)  VERSION 4.5.5-dev-20120318-375fa98  (-:

You are not using 4.5.5. If you'd shown this the first time, you'd have
used less of everybody's time. Maybe this version is one that is updated
to use the new DSSP. Maybe you should go and use 4.5.5.

Also, don't do routine work logged in as root, unless you like
reinstalling your whole operating system.

Mark