[gmx-users] Questions about Thermostats

Dommert Florian dommert at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed May 16 12:53:33 CEST 2012

Hi Tsjerk,

sorry for the strong statement. I should have said:

should be applied ...

instead of

only applicable.

You are right, the question is how big is the difference and actually
one would also expect, that the differences vanish with 1/N. However, so
far it is unknown, what kind of distributions Berendsen does produce and
how this is related to the true canonical ensemble. For this reason, I
would be very catious. In my studies I realized big differences in
density and dynamical properties, if Berendsen instead of PR is used.

Cheers,

Flo

--
Florian Dommert