[gmx-users] forcefields for lipids

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 15:44:54 CEST 2012

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Honestly, I want to simulate a protein-membrane system. My chosen membrane is POPC. After the simulation of the system, I'm gonna apply the umbrella sampling on the system to study the ion conduction through the channel composed of this protein.
Before this, I had seen that the ion conduction through the gramicidin A channel in a bilayer were studied using CHARMM. Refer to that article I guess the CHARMM may give me the best  out put. Is this an acceptable choice of a force field?

Sincerely,
Shima