[gmx-users] user defined potential(repulsive) for atoms falling with in three residues

mohan maruthi sena maruthi.sena at gmail.com
Wed May 16 21:23:47 CEST 2012

Hi all,
          I am using a user defined potential to describe non-bonded
interactions, which describes attractive potential for residues separated
by four or more bonds . Now I want to describe a user defined
potential(repulsive) for atoms falling with in three residues and which are
not determined to be attractive, as I tried to elaborate below:

condition 1:  if the two atoms are separated by four or more bonds i use
attractive LJ potential.
condition 2: if two atoms are not determined to be attractive or fall with
in three bonds of each other(i, i+3) then their interaction is defined by
repulsive term:

E(rep)= epsilon  (sigma/rij)^12

Please let me know how I can implement this in Gromacs.
Thanks and  Regards,
Mohan