[gmx-users] Place water away from existing atoms

Steven Neumann s.neumann08 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 17:50:31 CEST 2012

My tube is finite. I increased my box so the water could interact with all
water molecules. The same problem: My minim.mdp

; minim.mdp - used as input into grompp to generate em.tpr
; Parameters describing what to do, when to stop and what to save
integrator    = steep    ; Algorithm (steep = steepest descent minimization)
emtol        = 10.0      ;
emstep        = 0.001
nsteps        = 50000    ; Maximum number of (minimization) steps to perform
nstxout     = 1
; Parameters describing how to find the neighbors of each atom and how to
calculate the interactions
nstlist    = 1        ; Frequency to update the neighbor list and long
range forces
ns_type    = grid        ; Method to determine neighbor list (simple, grid)
rlist        = 1.4        ; Cut-off for making neighbor list (short range
forces)
coulombtype    = PME        ; Treatment of long range electrostatic
interactions
rcoulomb    = 1.4        ; Short-range electrostatic cut-off
rvdw        = 1.4        ; Short-range Van der Waals cut-off
pbc        = xyz         ; Periodic Boundary Conditions (yes/no)

Well... no clue...