[gmx-users] Force Constants and Unit Systems

Lara Bunte lara.bunte at yahoo.de
Thu May 17 21:32:42 CEST 2012

Hi

what I meant was, that if a force constant would have the unit kcal/mol, the corresponding potential will be a coulomb potential and I said that this makes no sense. Springs has a quadratic potential, not a Coulomb Potential, like V(r) = 1/r.
Please have a look on page 45, there you can see what is written in my supporting information (it's in English).

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CG4QFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fedoc.ub.uni-muenchen.de%2F13660%2F1%2FRieff_Benjamin.pdf&ei=dVC1T_XJJIzO4QTojqXADg&usg=AFQjCNFOxi8Cf2eUshmA9rzPfLPra5u-gw&sig2=79QqmWk3b8LSFlVjey4FFg

Do you think it is a typo?

Greetings
Lara