[gmx-users] Justin-lipid tutorials..

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat May 19 17:37:16 CEST 2012

On 5/19/12 9:06 AM, rama david wrote:

> Thank you Justin..
> I am sorry Because I am going to ask you the stupid questions but very imp to me ...
>
> 1.  Consider  your Tutorial In that Instead of using vanderwall radii adjustment
> to add water ,
>      I  wish to use keepbyz.sh script ...
>
>       In these case What would be the value of Lower and upper Z ..
>       How to find out these hydropbhic region co-ordinate...????

There's nothing really sophisticated to choosing this value.  Look at the
z-coordinate values of the first hydrophobic carbon in the acyl chains of each
leaflet.  A ballpark value will suffice to define the boundaries of the
hydrophobic region.

> 2.  From your reply , I Think Lower and upper  Z is the co-ordinate value , and
> in between these
>      Z-region no water molecule get added...

Basically, but instead it's a post-processing procedure to remove waters, not to
prevent them from being added (which is done by genbox).

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080