[gmx-users] constraints between protein ligand - metal chelation

francesco oteri francesco.oteri at gmail.com
Sun May 20 16:42:26 CEST 2012

Hi,
if you are able to define atom couples able to mantein the structure of
your complex,
you can insert in .top file a set of bond using function 6 (see table at
pag 125 of the user manual).
For example, let atom 1 and 100 are at distance 0.6nm, you can insert in
.top a row like

1 100 6 0.6 1000

you impose a bond between the two atoms having as eauilibrium distance
0.6nm and
force strenght 1000J.

Function 6 doesn't implie the generation of angles and dihedrals so it is
the right choice
to impose distance restraints

Francesco

Cordiali saluti, Dr.Oteri Francesco