[gmx-users] Reg trr file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 21 19:48:23 CEST 2012

On 5/21/12 7:47 AM, Ramya LN wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am doing protein-ligand dynamics using GROMACS. i could get all the final
> files after simulation like gro,edr, log files. But i couldnt get the trr
> file.Can anyone of you please tell me wht should i do to get this or tell me at
> what step i have done this mistake.

A .trr file will not be produced if nstxout, nstvout, and nstfout are all set to
zero in the .mdp file.  You can create a .trr file from an .xtc file, but its
precision will only be as good as the .xtc and it will not contain velocities or
forces, so there's not really any point to doing that ;)

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080