[gmx-users] problem with solvent box in gromacs 4.5.4

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed May 23 09:42:45 CEST 2012

Hi,

> The triclinic representation is used for all boxes in Gromacs as it is the
> most compact.  One needs to invoke trjconv with "-pbc mol -ur compact" to
> obtain the expected visualization.

Well, it's not the most compact (otherwise -ur compact would yield you
a brick again), but it's the easiest, and the easiest to build with a
rectangular bricklet of solvent. Mind that this is explained in quite
some detail in the manual, in numerous posts in the user list
archives, and in tutorial material. Oh, and also do note that there is
no need to do any conversion with trjconv, unless you aim at pretty
visualization.

Cheers,

Tsjerk