[gmx-users] g_polystat

Leandro oskolkov at polly.phys.msu.ru
Wed May 23 15:07:53 CEST 2012

Dear GMX-users,

I am trying to use g_polystat in order to calculate persistence length of
DNA oligomer, 60bp. From g_polystat -h I understood that this function
provides the persistence length measures in number of bonds between
consequtive atoms making DNA backbone. Using this function I obtain an
average number of bonds equal to 0.3. What can this mean? Does it mean that
the length of one bond is larger than DNA persistence length? Could anyone
explain me please how I can properly interpret the "number of bonds" which
is the output parameter of g_polystat? Thank you.

Regards,
Leandro