[gmx-users] Coordinate file for lipid bilayer

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Sat May 26 09:24:12 CEST 2012

Dear Gromacs Users!

I want to perform MD simulation of my membrane protein in POPC or POPE
bilayer using Tieleman's parameters for lipids by means of gromos united
atom force field. The main problem is that the pre-equilibrated bilayers
wich I found on the Dr. Tieleman's site consist of no more that 128 lipids
but I want to simulate my protein with bigger number of lipids ( for
example starting from 200 lipids ).
 What should I do in that case ?  Could you provide me with  some tools for
construction of such united-atoms bilayers with desired dimensions ?
Finally is there any others pre-equilibrated bilayers aviable for
downloading besides Dr. Tieleman's site ?

thanks for your help,

James S.