[gmx-users] Measure of density in homo- and heterogeneous systems

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue May 29 07:32:34 CEST 2012

On 29/05/2012 3:21 PM, James Starlight wrote:
> Justin,
>
> the main problem is the my simulation in nvt ensemble :) I understand
> that density is constant in that conditions but I'd like to find way
> to check this values for different components of my system.

AFAIK, there's no easy way to do that with GROMACS tools. The problem
lies in defining the shape over which you want to compute such a partial
density, since you need to compute its volume. Any solution is likely to
be at least a bit crude, even for a trivial case of a membrane-mimic in
water whose interfaces are roughly orthogonal to a box vector.

g_select may be useful in forming a suitable subset, and g_sas may be
suitable for computing density and/or volume.

Mark