[gmx-users] Re:Ka/Kd

lloyd riggs lloyd.riggs at gmx.ch
Thu Nov 8 11:46:32 CET 2012

Dear All,

So I went over the below Ka/Kd...Seems doesnt fit for anything, the DelG I found doesnt change for components, and just fit my data for the first 20 analysis by chance I guess, except for Ent and Enth calculations from doing PCA, which break down nicely.  In case anyone reads this.

I have another couple questions regarding graphing.

-Regarding the output from g_gyrate, with the -nz option.  Is there a script somewhere to turn the x,y slices into a 3D plot or something (its around 40 slices for say an 8 Ang. Z , times each time point.  You can do it by hand, but that turns into plugging the numbers into a matrix by hand for 200 point per time frame....and most spread sheet things I have used (qti, Gnu, MS office) dont allow the manipulation of the data properly for such a plot, as its not simple cut and paste as with most plots.  In the end, one would most likely only need 2-3 snapshots over a run (200 points each) to show say a density of gyration for extreems, but you would have to look at most of them visually to find proper ones, especially from multiple runs)

-the same for ramachondran.  I basically want to just turn specific residues Vs. normal into histograms or a matrix with simple distribution (a 1 added to each 2D point for each occupancy to plot 3D ramachondrans).  This is not as bad as the gyrate, but still turns into 200 points per simulation, times 20 or so simulations.  I already know grace can take a column and turn it into a histogram, but not in 2D grids.  This I am sure is somewhere (a script or software), but have no clue whom/where to ask.

Sincerely,

Stephan Watkins

-------- Original-Nachricht --------