[gmx-users] pressure_coupling

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:29:38 CET 2012

Thanks Justin for the quick reply.
Is there any problem with the algorithms ??

I have used Velocity Verlet , Nose-Hoover and MTTK combination. SHAKE
has been used to constrains the H-covalent bonds.
tau_t = 1 ps
tau_P = 1 ps
I got the mean pressure at ~130 bar.

Previously with the same initial coordinates I have used Leap-Frog,
NH, Parinello-Rehman with LINCS to constrain H-covalent bonds.
tau_t was 0.1 ps
and tau P was 2 ps.
The I have seen the pressure fluctuating around 1 bar( as expected)
So can you please inform me from where this problem is coming -
algorithms and/ tau_t and tau_P parameters ?