[gmx-users] pressure_coupling

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 20 18:32:49 CET 2012

On 11/20/12 12:29 PM, tarak karmakar wrote:
> Thanks Justin for the quick reply.
> Is there any problem with the algorithms ??
>
> I have used Velocity Verlet , Nose-Hoover and MTTK combination. SHAKE
> has been used to constrains the H-covalent bonds.
> tau_t = 1 ps
> tau_P = 1 ps
> I got the mean pressure at ~130 bar.
>
> Previously with the same initial coordinates I have used Leap-Frog,
> NH, Parinello-Rehman with LINCS to constrain H-covalent bonds.
> tau_t was 0.1 ps
> and tau P was 2 ps.
> The I have seen the pressure fluctuating around 1 bar( as expected)
> So can you please inform me from where this problem is coming -
> algorithms and/ tau_t and tau_P parameters ?

I have no personal experience with the md-vv/MTTK combination.  The way to test
if there is a bug or something is to take an equilibrated system (as suggested
before) and continue it with the desired parameters.  If they deviate or
incorrectly report pressure, then there's probably a bug.  I'm not ready to
conclude that until it is tested though.

-Justin

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080