AW: [gmx-users] pressure_coupling

Florian Dommert dommert at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Nov 22 10:27:18 CET 2012

Yes, that is right. The reason might be, that it is stable, working with
Leap-Frog and implemented in Gromacs. However actually PR does not produce
an NpT but an isoenthalpic ensemble. It also does not conform to both
pressure virial theorems (see appendix of the Nose paper cited in the
Gromacs manual). For this reason it would be very very good, if MTTK would
work in Gromacs, because it fulfills all requirements for an NpT ensemble.
On the other hand side the deviations vanish in the thermodynamic limit, so
if your system is large enough, there should be no significant difference.

/Flo

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Florian Dommert <dommert at icp.uni-
> stuttgart.de> wrote:
> >

> > -------