[gmx-users] RE: GROMACS96 proper dihetral parameters/OPLS

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 22 19:04:49 CET 2012

On 11/22/12 3:20 AM, Junfang.Zhang at csiro.au wrote:
> Hi Justin
>

> Thank you very much for your prompt reply!
>
> I have used GROMACS96 force field to simulate pure coal density. It perfectly matches the real coal density.
>
> Now I want to apply this coal model to investigate gas adsorption in coal. But I do not think GROMACS can do this. Therefore, I am thinking of running different software which could allow me to perform grand canonical Monte Carlo simulations to produce isotherm adsorption curve by applying GROMACS96 force field, but the software does not include the proper dihedrals in the similar form as the periodic dihedrals in GROMACS96.
>
> Actually, I am not transferring the GROMACS96 proper dihedral parameters to the OPLS proper dihedral parameters, but intended to implement the  GROMACS96 force field in a different software.

All the parameters you need are in the force field subdirectory that you used in
Gromacs, and all the equations are in the manual.  I can't offer you any
specific advice on generically implementing some force field into some other
software, but if it can be done it's all a matter of unit conversion and syntax
in the required files, I'm sure.

-Justin

> Regards and thanks
>
> Junfang