[gmx-users] Installation problems with MacOS 10.7.5

Stefan Jasconek stjascho at students.uni-mainz.de
Mon Nov 26 16:19:01 CET 2012

Dear Users,
I have problems with the installation of GROMACS 4.5.5 on MacOS 10.7.5.
GCC version 4.2.1
FFTW is: FFTW-3.3.2.
The CMAke command
cmake     -DGMX_THREAD_MPI=OFF \
                -DFFTW3F_INCLUDE_DIR=$FFTWDIR/include \
                -DFFTW3F_LIBRARIES=$FFTWDIR/lib \
                -DGMX_X11=OFF \
                -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$(pwd) \
                -DGMX_MPI=OFF \
                -DGMX_THREADS=OFF \
                -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF \
                 /Users/jaschone/Downloads/gromacs-4.5.5
Where CCDIR is the location of the GCC binary, FFTWDIR is the location
of the FFTW stuff.

I get the following error mesage:
WARNING: Target "md" requests linking to directory
"/Users/jaschone/progs/lib".  Targets may link only to libraries. CMake
is dropping the item.
and for the other binaries I get similar messages.
Using MAKE results in the follwing error:

/Users/jaschone/Downloads/gromacs-4.5.5/src/kernel/gmxdump.c:150:11:
warning: expression result unused [-Wunused-value]
       if (state,tpx.bF) {
           ^~~~~
1 warning generated.
   "_fftwf_plan_guru_dft_r2c", referenced from:
       _fft5d_plan_3d in libmd.a(fft5d.c.o)
and then similar errors for other routines.
The complete STD.OUT and STD.ERR files for the CMAKE and the MAKE
command were saved.
Does anyone has an idea for an solution?