[gmx-users] gromacs 4.5.5 Do_dssp segment fault

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 29 03:43:37 CET 2012

On 11/28/12 9:21 PM, Kdead wrote:
> When I use the Do_dssp module to collect the data from  --.trr ,It report segment fault.
>   The other common module is normol.WHY??         Thanks!

The input options in the DSSP executable changed.  This is a known problem and
has been around for a long time.  Your options are:

1. Obtain an old version of DSSP
2. Apply the patch described in the mailing list archive or otherwise install
the development version via git
3. Wait for the first beta release of version 4.6, where this problem is fixed
(should be released very soon)

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080