[gmx-users] Coordinate file for lipid bilayer

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 07:59:09 CEST 2012

Justin,

I've told about lower lipid density at the left and right edges of the
new system ( see new pic bellow with marked regions).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/dppc.png/

I've started with system consisted of 118 lipids and 6000 water in dims 6x6x10

I've created new box with the desired sizes for my system as well as
centered it in it. Finally I've resized it via
genbox -cp prot_in_lipids_old.gro -cs dppc128_whole.gro -box 8.04542
8.04542  10.19156

As the result I've obtain syste of 128 lipids and 13000 water with dims 8x8x10

I have the same system with the popc lipids with the same dims where
there are 200 lipids

Why only 10 lipids were added after resizing ? How I could increase
this number of added lipids ( expesially in regions with lower lipid
density- see pic) ?

James