[gmx-users] Re: Fwd: How to can i replace a molecule

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 8 12:15:37 CEST 2012

On 10/8/12 12:48 AM, shika wrote:
> it is because when i put
>
> genbox -cp protein_box.gro -ci solvent.gro -nmol 1381 -p control.top
> -o prot_solv.gro
>
> the error turn out like this :
>
> System total charge: 0.000
> Grid: 17 x 16 x 14 cells
> nri = 12718, nrj = 100152
> Try 9119box_margin = 0.45overlap:
> Killed
>
> thats why i need to run genbox twice

Sorry, read the original message too quickly and thought the solvent
configuration was the same both times.  My mistake :)

The error you receive is a result of genbox failing to do what you're asking.
You've exhausted the memory available, suggesting that there is no way to add
that many molecules of whatever solvent into the box.  Either set a larger box
with editconf prior to this step, or try to insert fewer molecules.

-Justin

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080